On March 23, a symbol of urban renewal, and the wanton destruction wrought on Boston in the 1960s closed forever. Government Center, the station at the intersection of the Blue and Green lines, is scheduled to be completely destroyed and rebuilt from scratch over a period of two years, finally bringing wheelchair-compatibility to the entire downtown subway system. It will also introduce badly needed upgrades to the sixty year old station, including better entrances and exits, and a much better looking headhouse (aboveground structure) then the Brutalist monstrosity that lies there today. One day before it was closed, thanks to pre-demolition work, an old wall, from the even older 1910 era station was uncovered: a Scollay Under mosaic. The old station was named after Scollay Square, the area that was bulldozed to make room for the ugly expanse of City Hall Plaza. While that area didn't survive the bulldozers, one relic did. Until today, where, from the "DEMO WALL" instructions visible on the floor in this photograph, it will probably meet the same fate.